Vegan Island Girl Breakfast
Throwback to my college days when I would spend my mornings before Spanish class making extravagant breakfasts and listening to podcasts.
I have been told on multiple occasions that I eat like an island girl. Is it because I am often found drinking coconut water and eating large quantities of fruit? Possibly.
Nevertheless, I would confidently say 75-80 percent of my diet is fruit and plant based. This is the diet that works best for me and my body. What works for me may or may not work for you, but regardless you should definitely try this delicious, vegan breakfast recipe!
I originally discovered this recipe from YourZenLifeand it has since become my favorite breakfast! I have changed it up from the original recipe, so check out both and see what fits your fancy!
VEGAN ISLAND GIRL BREAKFAST by Jules Preheat the oven to 430 degrees - Cook Time: 20 minutes
What You'll Need:
1/2 Pear Handful of Blueberries Handful of Chopped Strawberries Handful of Raw Chopped Almonds 1/4 Cup of Raw Buckwheat Groats Spoonful of Raw Almond Butter Cinnamon Dried Cranberries 1/2 tsp of Chia Seeds 1/2 tsp of Flax Seeds 1/2 Lemon Dried Coconut 3 Mint Leaves Honey Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. In a small glass baking bowl (or a bowl made of tin foil as seen on YZL), toss in your cut up pear, blueberries and strawberries. Squeeze half a lemon over the fruit.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the raw buckwheat groats and almond butter with a few dashes of cinnamon. Pour in 2 or 3 capfuls of almond milk.
3. Spread the buckwheat groats and almond butter clump over top of your fruity bowl.
4. Toss in your chopped raw almonds, dried cranberries and dried coconut.
5. Sprinkle in your chia seeds and flax seeds.
6. Top with your crushed mint leaves and then bake for 20 minutes! Your home will smell SO GOOD.
Once it has cooled, drizzle a bit of honey and add more almond milk if you wish! This breakfast crisp tastes even better with a large glass of pomegranate coconut water (Foco Coconut Water is my favorite brand). Highly recommend it.